StochPy is listed in Other Programming Tools category and made available by Timo Maarleveld for Windows. Unfortunately, we have not yet reviewed StochPy. If you would like to submit a review of this software, we encourage you to submit us something!
Stochastic modelling module for Python
StochPy, also known as Stochastic modelling in Python is built to be an easy-to-use package, that is supposed to provide several stochastic simulation algorithms (SSAs).
This algorithms can be used to simulate biochemical systems in a stochastic manner. Further, several unique and easy-to-use analysis techniques are provided by StochPy.
SSA’s try to describe the time evolution of a reacting system, such that it takes into account discreteness and stochasticity. Discreteness and stochasticity play often important roles in biochemical systems.
Therefore, SSA’s are widely used to simulate biochemical systems. Especially for biochemical systems that contain low copy numbers. For such systems, deterministic models often fail to capture the stochasticity of the system, while SSAs are capable of capturing this stochastic behaviour.
StochPy is an extension of PySCeS. PySCeS - the Python Simulator for Cellular Systems - is a toolkit for the analysis and investigation of cellular systems.
Here are some key features of "StochPy":
· Stochastic Simulations
· Sophisticated Analysis Techniques
· Usable as a Library
· Accepts SBML and PySCeS input
· Works together with the PySCeS package
· Structural Analysis
· Integrators for the simulation of a cellular system's evolution over time (LSODA).
· Non-linear solvers that can be used to calculate a systems steady state (HYBRD, NLEQ2)
· Metabolic Control Analysis (i.e. elasticities, flux and concentration control coefficients)
· A bifurcation module for the study of systems which exhibit multiple (stable and unstable) steady states (PITCON)
· A variety of extra utilities such for performing parameter scans, data output and plotting
Download and install StochPy
safely and without concerns.
StochPy is a software product developed by Timo Maarleveld and it is listed in Programming category under Other Programming Tools. StochPy is a free software product and it is fully functional for an unlimited time although there may be other versions of this software product. You can run StochPy on all modern Windows OS operating systems. StochPy was last time updated on 28.09.2011 and it has 1,496 downloads on Download.hr portal. Download and install StochPy safely and without concerns.