is an Open Source, Firefox-based web browser focusing on efficiency and ease of use.
offers you a browsing experience in a browser entirely built from its own source with carefully chosen features and optimizations to optimize the browser's speed*, stability and user experience, while keeping compatibility with a large number of Firefox extensions many have come to adore and rely on.
The core intention of the Pale Moon
project is to build optimized versions of Firefox which takes advantage of all of the bells and whistles on a Windows PC. Since Firefox is cross platform (it is available for Microsoft Windows, Android and Linux), it is not necessarily optimized for Windows users.
setup wizard will guide you through the Pale Moon
installation process asking you to select between a Standard Installation (the browser will be installed with the most common options) and a Custom Installation (you get to select the installation directory, select if you want shortcuts in the Start menu and on the desktop, pick if you want to make Pale Moon
your default web browser). When you are done and you start Pale Moon
, you will be asked to import data from other browsers you may have on your computer, like Google's Chrome, for example.
Regarding appearance, Pale Moon
is virtually identical to Firefox and users should not feel out of place if they are migrating from Firefox. It is interface resembles the one adopted by Firefox before the major facelift on Firefox version 29. It keeps the same familiar elements and may prove to be a safe alternative for those users who can't get along with the entirely redesigned interface implemented by Firefox with Australis version 29.
You are given the liberty to hide or reveal the Menu Bar, Navigation Toolbar, Bookmarks Toolbar, and Status Bar, or conceal all of them for a cleaner browsing experience. Plus, you can add or remove things by dragging them to or from the toolbars.
On the Pale Moon
Start page you will see links to Gmail, Wikipedia, Facebook, IMDb, and much more.
The web browser allows you to work with multiple tabs, pin your favorite ones, as well as customize the status bar. The tab bar remains included in the UI just below the other toolbars, a design aspect not retained by Firefox and Chrome.
proves to be a trusted web browser that removes several unnecessary features from Firefox for delivering quick browsing speed and implements a user friendly interface, which keeps several conventional design concepts removed from Firefox's new UI.
Download and install Pale Moon
safely and without concerns.
Pale Moon highlights and features:
- Optimized for modern processors
- Safe: forked from Firefox and frequently updated.
- Supported by a friendly, active community of users
- Recognizable, efficient, completely customizable interface (no Australis!)
- Smooth and fast page drawing and script processing
- Increased stability: experience fewer browser crashes
- Support for a lot of Firefox extensions (add- ons) and themes
- Support for Pale Moon exclusive extensions and themes
- Extensive and growing support for CSS3 and HTML5
- Support for OOPP (Out- of- process plugin execution)
- Support for Canvas and SVG, and downloadable fonts including WOFF
- Many customization and setup options
- Capable to import existing Firefox profiles with the migration tool