CyberPatrol is listed in Security Related category and made available by CyberPatrol LLC for Windows. Unfortunately, we have not yet reviewed CyberPatrol. If you would like to submit a review of this software, we encourage you to submit us something!
CyberPatrol review by publisher CyberPatrol LLC:
What is CyberPatrol software from CyberPatrol LLC, what is it used for and how to use it?
A software designed to protect users from malicious content while browsing the Internet
Here are some key features of "CyberPatrol":
Powerful Filtering Technologies
· Accurate Filtering Database: The CyberPatrol database of known 'bad' sites delivers accurate, current and relevant content filtering. Web sites are carefully researched by our global team of professional researchers and categorized according to type. The list is automatically updated on a weekly basis, representing thousands of new sites a week, and aggressive quality control insures the most accurate and up-to-date list.
· Advanced Filtering Technologies: Because the Internet changes by the second, and no matter how comprehensive the database of bad web sites, users will always discover new sites as they browse. That's why CyberPatrol uses advanced filtering technologies that defend against sites that are too new to be in its database.
· Pre-set Filter Strengths: For simple installation and set-up, CyberPatrol allows you to select age-specific filtering protection for each user. Choose from pre-set filter strengths including Child, Young Teen, Mature Teen, and Adult.
· Choose Categories to Block: Choose to block categories of the highest-risk sites on the Internet. Select from 13 commonly blocked categories including things like Adult, Chat, Drugs, Gambling, and Weapons. You can also fine-tune the filtering level for each category, from the lowest (Allow All) to the strongest (Maximum), and change the filtering levels for each user.
· Override Mode: Quickly and easily override active filtering settings. The password-protected Override Mode gives you unfiltered access to the Internet on a temporary basis. The Instant Override option can also be offered to users on blocked pages, giving you temporary access to pages that have been blocked, either because the page belongs to a blocked category or because time restrictions have been exceeded.
Limit Access to Programs
· CyberPatrol lets you restrict access to specific programs on your PC, like chat, instant messaging and games; or block access to 'off-limits' programs like home finance packages.
Restrict Chat & Instant Messaging
· Chat and instant messaging programs are a great way to talk to friends or even make new ones, but you need to safeguard against online predators and prevent personal information from being revealed. CyberPatrol lets you filter chat, instant messaging and other programs to prevent important information from being revealed, like names, addresses and phone numbers. Objectionable words and phrases can also be removed by adding keywords and phrases to the list, then adding the relevant programs to CyberPatrol to be filtered.
Control Program Downloads
· Downloading programs from the Internet is an increasing security nightmare. Stop indiscriminate downloads by locking down your PC to eliminate the worry. Program downloads can be blocked, ensuring that users seek permission before downloading games, music, images, videos, and programs. This helps secure your PC against spyware and viruses, maintain the health of your PC, and prevent the download of illegal or copyrighted material.
Flexible User Profiles
· Unlimited Users: Create as many user profiles (accounts) as you need, in order to apply different filtering levels to different users. An easy-to-use wizard leads you through the process step by step. This is ideal for families who use the same computer, but want to allow the adults to access the Internet on a less restrictive basis than the children. Setting up your own profile will enable you to surf as you wish, but also limit access for others.
· Integrate with Windows User Names: If you're using Windows XP or Vista, you can apply the Windows profiles you've already set up on your computer to CyberPatrol. This will automatically launch the CyberPatrol user profile that applies to whoever has logged in to Windows.
Create a Pre-Approved List of Sites
· CyberPatrol lets you restrict your child's surfing to a pre-approved 'Yes List' of sites that you select. It's easy to create, and ideal for parents of very young kids. Simply add the specific web site addresses you want to allow, and your child will only be able to access those sites. Allowed keywords can also be added, so that any web site address containing the word will be allowed.
Monitor Internet Activity
· Monitoring and reporting is an important part of taking control of your family's Internet access. CyberPatrol provides detailed reports of each user's internet activity.
· CyberPatrol provides detailed reports for each user on web pages visited, time and length of visit, and whether the page was allowed or blocked. You can view and save weekly and daily summaries. All activity data is password-protected and securely stored, to prevent unauthorized access.
· In addition, the real-time Activity Monitor provides details of sites visited, images viewed, and the program that requested it. Any recorded Web address can be viewed, highlighted and added to a user's allowed or blocked list. The Activity Summary shows how many of the pages viewed have been blocked, how many web pages were blocked then overridden by the user, and how much time was spent online.
Limit Time Online
· Time management ends the frustration of not knowing how long your child has been online, or whether they've been using specific programs like games. Get peace of mind knowing you have predetermined time rules. You can limit Internet activity and restrict access to programs on your PC. Limits can be based on time of day, daily and/or weekly cumulative time allowances. Once a time limit is reached, a blocking message appears, and access to the Internet or the program is denied.
Protect Your Personal Information
· Block Transmission of Private Data: Kids spend time in chat rooms and on social networking sites like Facebook and MySpace, where personal information is often shared freely. You can easily set up rules so that private information like names, addresses, phone numbers, and credit card information is blocked from leaving your computer.
· Protect Against Phishing and Spyware: The CyberPatrol database of 'bad' sites includes known phishing sites, to keep you away from sites that pretend to be well-known trusted companies and trick you into revealing personal information. Known spyware sites are also included in the database, to help prevent you from visiting sites that can install malicious software on your PC, placing your personal information at risk and compromising the performance of your computer.
Download and install CyberPatrol safely and without concerns.
CyberPatrol is a software product developed by CyberPatrol LLC and it is listed in Security category under Security Related. CyberPatrol is licensed as Shareware which means that software product is provided as a free download to users but it may be limited in functionality or be time-limited.
You may need to pay at some moment to continue using product or to use all functionalities. You can run CyberPatrol on all modern Windows OS operating systems. CyberPatrol was last time updated on 17.09.2008 and it has 6,046 downloads on Download.hr portal. Download and install CyberPatrol safely and without concerns.
14 days trial
What do you think about CyberPatrol?