What can you do without a phone these days? It’s difficult not to find one in a group of five holding their phone already. As for the rest, it’s in the pocket or handbag. These smartphones and tablets carry a lot of data with them, and it’s precious.
When the phone is no longer available, it’s a nightmare. So, we need effective ways to locate our phones whenever they are lost. The good thing is that there are free ways to find your Android phone if it’s stolen or lost. If somebody just snatched it out of you, don’t worry.
I have several ways to track your phone and also secure the next one you will get if you don’t find it.
Part 1: Tracking a Lost Android Phone Using Google Maps
Yes, you can find an Android phone if you just lost it using Google maps. It’s free of charge, and they have both the web-based and app version. Since you will be using another device to locate the lost phone, here is what you will do:
- If you are using another Android device, you can download the Google Maps app from the Play Store. If you are using a computer (or don’t want to download the app), you can use the web.
- Type in the browser, https://www.google.com/maps/timeline and continue to login to your Google account.
- Give your email address and password. If you already have the two-step verification, you will need to complete the process to continue.
- Once you log in, the page will direct you to Google maps. Go or swipe to the right and click on the menu icon. Select ‘Your Timeline’ to feed in your timeline.
- You will see a table with the date dropdown tabs. Fill in the current day, month, and year.
- The map will take you to the current location and also show you the previously visited places.
NB: if your phone is off, you may not be able to locate your phone using Google maps.
Part 2: Tracking a Lost Android Phone Using Spyic
Spyic offers you another effective way to track a lost or stolen cell phone. Primarily, it’s designed for parents and employers who would like to monitor their subjects. It works for both Android and iOS devices, but we will be focusing on Android here.
It requires one-time installation on the phone while you have it before later monitoring. It works while hidden via the stealth mode operation that deletes its icon. You don’t need to root the phone before installation since Spyic doesn’t need that.
Therefore, if your kid’s phone is stolen (or the employee), you can find the cell phone location without them knowing. Spyic will track the location remotely and also reveal other details such as messages, calls, social media activity, and more.
2.1 How to Track an Android Phone with Spyic
First, you will need the following:
- The phone you want to track
- It must have Android version 4.0 and above
- Reliable internet connection
- A valid email address
2.2 Steps to track the Android Phone
Visit Spyic website and signup for free.
- After that, choose the Android icon to continue.
- You will see the available Spyic plans. Choose a suitable one and proceed to make the payments.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you after the purchase. It will have the receipt, log in details, installation guidelines, and a download link.
- Use the download link to download and install Spyic on the Android phone you want to track.
- Before you finish, make sure Stealth mode is selected. That will enable Spyic to hide its icon while tracking.
- Now, finish up the installation and get ready to access the dashboard remotely.
- Login to your Spyic account using another device and wait for it to synchronize with the phone.
- Once the dashboard appears, you will see all the fetched information via the features on the left. The right will have the summary.
- To see where the phone is, click on location link on the features list to view the map. You will see the exact location and the previously visited places.
Now, when the phone goes missing, use any device to access your Spyic account. Go to Location and view the previous locations and the current one if the phone is on.
If you have set the SIM swap alert, Spyic will notify you if there is a change. It will then continue to monitor the location for you.
Part 3: Tracking a Lost Android Phone using Cocospy
Cocospy is another reliable monitoring solution that will help you get the stolen or lost phone. It’s also designed for parents, employers, and spouses who need efficient tracking tools.
Using it requires you to install it once on the phone you want to track. That way, it will help you locate the phone remotely when it gets lost or stolen while hidden. It also uses the stealth mode operation to hide the icon.
So, the thief will never know that the phone already has a tracker when they take it. Apart from tracking the phone, Cocospy will also get the calls, messages, and browser history, among other features.
It requires no rooting before the installation. To properly use it, follow the requirements and steps in Spyic section.
Just like Spyic, Cocospy also has the SIM card feature that also includes SIM swap alerts. With the sap alert, you just need to feed in your email address. You will then be notified whenever the SIM card is changed.
The details will include everything to do with the new SIM card and its current location via the control panel.
Now, you have various methods to track your Android phone when you can’t find it. As for the free Google Maps method, it’s only reliable if the phone’s data is on. If you cannot locate it after accessing the map, you will be forced to wait until the next day.
For Spyic and Cocospy, you have to set them up for easy tracking when the device goes missing. They are however, very useful since they don’t lose track of the phone’s data when lost.