Windows 7 vs Windows 10??

bkdroid13

Made my first messages
Windows 7 Chrome 74.0.3729.169
I am formatting my computer, I am struggling to decide on which windows to install.
Windows 10 does not ask user whether to install upadates or not.

Let me know your views on which to choose version of window.

Thanks

Dzi

Administrator
Staff member
Windows 10 Chrome 75.0.3770.100
In my opinion you should go With Windows 10. There is no purpose to stay on old OS

Dzi

Administrator
Staff member
Windows 10 Chrome 75.0.3770.100
And you can turn off updates. here is how:
  1. You can do this using the Windows Update service. Via Control Panel > Administrative Tools, you can access Services.
  2. In the Services window, scroll down to Windows Update and turn off the process.
  3. To turn it off, right-click on the process, click on Properties and select Disabled.

bkdroid13

Made my first messages
Windows 7 Chrome 74.0.3729.169
And you can turn off updates. here is how:
  1. You can do this using the Windows Update service. Via Control Panel > Administrative Tools, you can access Services.
  2. In the Services window, scroll down to Windows Update and turn off the process.
  3. To turn it off, right-click on the process, click on Properties and select Disabled.
Thanks Dzi. I got it

divinenews

I like a lot Download.hr
Windows 7 Chrome 80.0.3987.87
I am just not ready nor able financially to move from Windows 7 to Windows 10 yet.

... I hear bad things about Windows 10 and I don't want to go through a learning curve with all the differences. ... I personally think that the greedy Microsoft Corp is forcing us all to do it so they can make money. ... So, last week I bought "RollBack Rx Pro" because I have heard from many users that it is the fastest, easiest, and most reliable software to restore any computer system back to a point in time when it worked right.

(Before anyone says it, I am not an affiliate of this software & have nothing to gain for posting this except to give Windows 7 users a different option to keep it if they so choose. )

... I trust that my anti-protections of Emsisoft & VoodooShield Pro will protect me from "bad actors" infecting my machine's systems & if anything else goes wrong I can simply "rollback" my system to an earlier date with this great software.

I already had a new update of a driver mess up my system two days ago. All I had to do was reboot my machine to a cloned backup I had made the day before & my system was fully restored within minutes. I have never been able to rely on the Windows 7 feature of "system restore" to work but "RollBack Rx Pro" worked like a dream.

RollBack Rx Pro says that you can "Roll Back hours, days even months - Complete System recovery," & it has worked perfectly for me so far.

I also have my computer's operating system backed up on an external drive with 100% free "AOMEI Backupper" as a redundancy form of insurance against catastrophic failure.

Here is a critic's review that rates it four stars: LINK.

Here is a link to their site if you want to learn more & see their pricing: Link to their Home Site.

*If you choose this option, be sure & make back-ups whenever you update any of your software or drivers.