Advertisement

What is your favorite text edition software?

Joanna

Advanced PC user
I want to ask you: what is your favorite text edition software?

I prefer Libre Office, with Writer, to create notes or longer texts. I also like Focus Writer, because it can check spelling when you write in English or Polish.

Advertisement

jefry

Learning to use PC
I downloaded office 2013 64bit but I found that it is 32 bit. How can I make sure the installation is 64 bit as I have Win 8 64 bit. Thank you

adil

Lion1375

Learning to use PC
AkelPad - is an open source editor for plain text. It is designed to be a small and fast.

Features
  • Single window (SDI), multi-window (MDI) and pseudo multi-window modes (PMDI);
  • Full support of Unicode strings on Unicode systems (NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/Seven);
  • Support of Unicode codepages (UTF-8, UTF-16LE, UTF-16BE, UTF-32LE, UTF-32BE);
  • Support of any codepage installed in the system;
  • Support of DOS/Windows, Unix and Mac newline formats;
  • Preview file open;
  • Correct pseudographics displaying;
  • Column text selection;
  • Multi-level undo;
  • Fast search/replace text strings;
  • Remember file codepage and caret position;
  • Printing of a document and print preview;
  • Support of language modules;
  • Plugins support (syntax highlighting, folding, auto-completion, scripts execution, keyboard macros and much more).

cheesepatrol

Basic PC user
Note pad, its very good. Kind of like keeping a note book or a diary or a journal. It comes in handy, too. It's the best by far in my own opinion, not to mention you could use it as a multi-tool purpose.

Daniel N.

Learning to use PC
I'm using Libre office, however I find it quite slow. There's free SoftOffice (Google for freeoffice) but my wife says it crashes in some documents :(

Macrodon

Basic PC user
I am using Open Office, but sometimes Windows integrated Notepad is enough for work, depends on task.

jwehlitz

Basic PC user
It depends on what you will be doing with a text editor. If you're working with coding software or websites, I would suggest Notepad++. If you're writing papers, articles etc. Libre Office or MS Word would be better.

Bjourne

Advanced PC user
I have Notepad++ but I also use PSPad.

On Office suites I still have Office 2007. I also have Kingsoft Office Pro 2013 but rarely use it.