Tycoon and Economy/City-Building Games

Terrapin

Can't stop visiting Download.hr
I'm always on the lookout for games like these. When I was young(er), I grew up playing games like The Settlers, Command & Conquer, Tropico, and Roller Coaster Tycoon. Anyone have any recommendations in this area?

Feel free to post the titles of sequels to these games if you want. You might be deemed a 'forum cheater' though! :p

(Don't worry. What happens in this thread stays in this thread haha)

I know C&C doesn't quite apply to these genres... But hey. It's Command & Fricken Conquer!

Dzi

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite genre is city building games. I was fan of Sim City series. Sim City 4 was last great game. This current Sim City is very disappointing because you can't build large cities. Cities Cities (X)XL is also fine game but currently Cities Skylines is the best in genre.

Also, Reailroad Tycoon is great game:

Terrapin

Can't stop visiting Download.hr
I have SimCity 4 Deluxe on disc an Origin, but I still have yet to dedicate time to it. The lack of native widescreen resolution (maybe my weird 1366x768 display) sort of throws me off.

I love how they incorporated neighborhood building for The Sims 2 and 3 directly with SimCity 4. A fantastic and very unique, well developed feature imo.

So many games I want to play... But alas.
My PC is a potato.

I've started playing Theme Park Rollercoaster on Playstation 2 and I must say I'm not too disappointed with it! The mechanics are very broken to some degree and that announcer... Thing? Is extremely annoying, but for it's time of release it's not a bad casual tycoon for console gaming.

Nice game to play before going to sleep lol.

Knocks me right out.

Oh! PC games...

Banished! Greatest city building game to date imo. Especially with mods added.

Dzi

Administrator
Staff member
I think that at this moment the greatest city building game is Cities: Skylines

JohnC

Made my first messages
Roller Coaster Tycoon was fantastic. Wow...I just got all nostalgic and want to play it now.

Dzi

Administrator
Staff member
I played Planet Coaster. It is the best roller building simulation although economy aspect of game isn't something