Slightly disappointed about ads

I have regularly checked Download.hr for things which I can afford or just plain use. I do the same for a couple other sites - not sure whether I can mention them so I won't. However, the last few times I have opened the site I get this message about Adblock and Adblock Plus. They even give directions about whitelisting them, which do not make sense for me. The first thing they tell me is to find a certain icon in the top right corner of my browser. It isn't there so the rest of the instructions are useless. So I leave the website. One day I tried to add the site to the whitelist and 'poof' - nothing happened. Still get the annoying message. Today I decided to post and maybe the guys can redo the instructions to make sense to me. I'm using Firefox (latest edition) and have a 64-bit win10 OS. So today I post. Today I leave. Tomorrow I might try again. Might!
Many wishes for a happy New Year to you all.

Dzi

Administrator
Staff member
Windows 10 Chrome 63.0.3239.132
Hi Jim,

firstly thank you for regularly visiting our site.

what add block addon are you using? We use on of popular scripts that shows instructions for 3 most popular adblocking addons. If you know name of the addon please let me know so I can test it.
When you open firefox click SHIFT+CTRL+A and then choose Extensions and check what you have installed.

Dzi

Administrator
Staff member
PS: i have disabled alert for registered visitors so now you should have any problem. But still send me name of addon so I can check it and prevent problems for other visitors

1 - AdBlock 3.8.0 ==> I added both of the ones below to Adblock 3.8.0 and both came back "Invalid list URL. It'll be deleted." And that is a pain. But I tried.
2 - Adblock PLus ==> which I just tried to add as "hXXps://giveaway.download.hr/". I also added the forum's page.

And I just bet putting in an actual URL is against forum rules. - I changed the "t's" to "X's".
I wonder if I have to update Adblock. Oh well. I'll check that out as well.

I just went and looked up Adblock and found "Adblock for Firefox" which I added. Then I checked it out and it was actually Adblock 3.8.9. Back where I started.
Enjoy.
Off to pay some bills and watch Netflix

Dzi

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

I have installed bot AdBlock for Firefox and Adblock Plus and don't have problem.

1) Do this:
1515436831717.png

2) Check that now you have green button

1515436931062.png

3) Do this:
1515436977010.png

4) Check this:
1515437008283.png

Also, check that you see ads. If you see ads you should see popup. If you don't see ads then you are still blocking them

1515437079195.png

Okay, I finally found those annoying little icons that were not on my bar at the top and I put them there So the Adblock icon is green but the Adblock PLus icon is still red. However, I have tried to create a whitelist in Adblock Plus. I'm going out and refresh the browser and I'll see what happens. I will not log in right away, though.

So I only see this now If you look at it in a full page you'll see the icons displayed. I signed in and it isn't there but I think you said that would happen. Isn't this fun? The laughable part is I'm thinking of trying out a 64-bit browser and I can't even get the 32-bit browser to do what I want. Oh well.
:

Attachments

Dzi

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

on picture I see that you have both add blockers active and that download.hr isn't white listed. Number 6 on each icon shows that blocker has done some blocking. And color of icons also shows that it is active