Advertisement

Giveaway McAfee Internet Security 2014 - free license for 6 months

Advertisement

Kalju

Software guru
Excuse me, but this is not the "Giveaway" - this is geting new users fraudulently obtaining. This kind of thing is that, and McAfee did and is doing this at least 10 years already. (All the time, so it's not a new thing as well).

Dzi

Administrator
Staff member
You want to say that this is just some kind of longer trial period?

Kalju

Software guru
You want to say that this is just some kind of longer trial period?
Yes, for the Client, it is both. In fact, it is just a customer recruitment tactics. PS! Each email address can only be used once, every facebook account can be used once, etc. So You can participate only once, but always You can make new account using new email etc.
NB! If You ever buy it or something other, be very careful to mark => Your account => Automatic updates => Disabled (! IMPORTANT)
Why? Do You know?

John Brown

Advanced PC user
Ugh - was horrible security software - it wasn't that long ago Intel bought it and I doubt they could fix it right that quickly - there are too many other better options free - google for 6 or 9 month trial of Norton or Bitdefender, or any number of highly rated alternatives. Just stay aware from McAfee - even John McAfee said he wouldn't touch it (after he sold it that is).

marcel.radu

Basic PC user
Excuse me, I have been a "new users fraudulently obtaining", but I was endorsing a year from McAffee (sorry for the google translation). Coming year I paide license (50$)... Now I installed a free - minimal internet security program and I am satisfied with it.