Advertisement

Kaspersky pure 3.0 vs bitdefender total security 2015

which antivirus (total security) is the best one you reccoment?

• Bitdefender total security

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • mcafee

• avast

• avira

• webroot

• avg

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GAMER002

Basic PC user
I Have used many antivirus programs but most of them are very bad and Kaspersky pure 3.0 (30 day trial) is the best one have used but very less people reffer to it and use it where as most people use bitdefender and avast...etc is there any specific reason for it? if you too think kaspersky is best can you suggest me an antivirus which can catch up with Kaspersky pure 3.0 (total security) ?

Advertisement

Advanced Skill

Basic PC user
Kaspersky PURE doesn't exist anymore. It's now Kaspersky Total Security.

I feel that these major products that cost around $90 are too expensive with other cheaper alternatives offering the same quality of protection. These large products can also be heavy on systems, despite independent tester's telling us that these products are light.

From your list:
Avast and Webroot should be best known for their performance: they are both incredibly light. They also offer solutions that are cheaper than other products.
Bitdefender, Avast, Avira, and AVG offer free products that you can consider.
Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Avira, Norton, and McAfee have strong antivirus engines.
ESET has all-around good protection.

You can also consider: Comodo, Qihoo (360), Zoner, Emsisoft, F-Secure, GData, Bullguard, Norman, Agnitum (Outpost), Checkpoint (Zonealarm), Roboscan, Baidu, Kingsoft, Fortinet, Immunet, K7, Lavasoft (Ad-Aware), Panda, Vipre, TotalDefense, Trend Micro, Trustport, and Unthreat. Some of these are also very good.

I would recommend Comodo, for it is free, light, and offers great protection and features.

waleed222

Learning to use PC
I feel that these major products that cost around $90 are too expensive with other cheaper alternatives offering the same quality of protection. These large products can also be heavy on systems, despite independent tester's telling us that these products are light.

aliiii

Bjourne

Advanced PC user
I am using Kaspersky Pure 3 now. Using up a license and afterwards be shifting to Kaspersky Total Security. I also have tried out BD Total Security 2014. To compare with the experience I will side on Kaspersky than BD. Both are superb in detection of malware and the like there are some issues that I have encountered with BD that when I used Kaspersky it wasn't an issue at all. Blocking applications (even legit applications / programs) from calling home and trigger mechanism of some applications that makes use of another program to run say, a browser. You just have to "deny" access of the program to browsers or file managers or electronic purses etc and it will be blocked. Same with application that places itself in start-up. In BD you'd have to use a 3rd party app like Autoruns or KillSwitch to deny those start-up fiends.

In Kaspersky you deny a connection in Trusted/Local or Public it will get blocked. In BD if a program is nasty enough to circumvent the norms the BD firewall will allow the connection (if a program is legit/reputable it will give it an allow-always ..which seems to be a default in the BD firewall --deafult-allow) and one thing more the network monitor in BD has been removed! If not for Process Hacker I will have no means of controlling network activity. One thing I do not like in Kaspersky is the use of Kaspersky Security Network which is if "ticked-enabled" will bypass your rules and will re-write it based on the KSN. So others like me untick that. Anyway as mentioned both are good in malware detection and security but based on my experience I'll take Kaspersky anytime :)

Teresa green

Basic PC user
I have only ever recommended the free version of avg to clients - can not fault the software and allows you to schedules scans which some requires premium subscription to do so

NEERAJ KUMAR

Basic PC user
I HAVE USED A LOT OF ANTIVIRUS PROGRAMS AND I WILL SUGGEST KASPERSKY TOTAL SECURITY FIRST..
THEN BIT DEFENDER TOTAL SECURITY....THEN AVAST ...

VinDiesel

Basic PC user
With Karpersky I have problems with the browser Chrome is slower when writing to any site that I do and Bit defender is an invader of the overall system, ESET for my best.

Last edited: