Advertisement

IObit Software. Opinions?

Terrapin

PC user
I'd like to know some people's opinions regarding IObit software. I quite like the software they provide. I'm mainly interested in opinions on Malware Fighter (and Advanced System Care).

I've heard mixed reviews from (the few) people I've talked to about their products. Well, I can't even say mixed. They flat out don't like them one bit! CLAIMING they 'stole' their software ideas from other companies and they seem like they do something good for a person's computer, but in reality do absolutely nothing except hog up active memory.

I like them personally. The interface for their programs are some of the most user-friendly I've been able to find. Malware Fighter just started using BitDefender as well as their own personal malware database. You can choose to let the programs perform scans while the system is idle so maintenance tasks don't interfere with your personal computing habits, leaving a smaller memory footprint while the programs sit idly by on demand. Not to mention they host giveaways of professional versions of their products from time to time ranging from 6 months to 1 year of free upgraded versions of their software.

What are your views on IObit products?

Advertisement

Dzi

Administrator
Staff member
It is well known company with lots of good and popular products. They are very modern and try to catch all popular trend in software. This means that they don't develop new software ideas. They watch the market and create their version of some popular products. They respond very quickly to changes in market.

Iván de la Torre

Learning to use PC
I don´t trust in since it was found to steal the database of Malwarebytes. Now since they produce their own anti-malware tools, quality has decreased a lot. There are other scanners to demand more reliable than IObit now.

Andreas Szallis

Basic PC user
I'd like to know some people's opinions regarding IObit software. I quite like the software they provide. I'm mainly interested in opinions on Malware Fighter (and Advanced System Care).

I've heard mixed reviews from (the few) people I've talked to about their products. Well, I can't even say mixed. They flat out don't like them one bit! CLAIMING they 'stole' their software ideas from other companies and they seem like they do something good for a person's computer, but in reality do absolutely nothing except hog up active memory.

I like them personally. The interface for their programs are some of the most user-friendly I've been able to find. Malware Fighter just started using BitDefender as well as their own personal malware database. You can choose to let the programs perform scans while the system is idle so maintenance tasks don't interfere with your personal computing habits, leaving a smaller memory footprint while the programs sit idly by on demand. Not to mention they host giveaways of professional versions of their products from time to time ranging from 6 months to 1 year of free upgraded versions of their software.

What are your views on IObit products?
For me, their only somewhat useful product is "Driver Booster 3".

Terrapin

PC user
My original post might make me sound like I'm 'on the fence' with IObit products, but I really do love their software. Whether the rumors are true that they have 'borrowed' or 'stolen' tech and mainly update their interface is none of my concern as long as their software does what it claims to do. Which it does. Plus, along with the new addition of BitDefender's malware definition library, they host their own library of security against malicious code and malware with IObit Malware Fighter.

I've been using their products for years and do believe I can commend them for keeping my PC running smoothly for quite some time now. Driver Booster is one of the ONLY -- Very Rare programs to update drivers on multiple computers I've used, install correct drivers for hardware, and NOT completely screw up the way it works. I've tried many driver updaters out there, but it seems IObit's Driver Booster is the only one that has always been reliable.

Smart Defrag is great too, though I prefer other more technical software to do the job, it is very user-friendly, free, and comes standard with dynamic scheduling and most importantly boot-time defrag. Not many applications can do that. It's also very light while it performs these tasks in the background.

IObit Uninstaller is fantastic. Of course it nags you to install their other apps (which honestly makes me kind of wary of their products since older versions can [and will] link you to older versions of their other software. I find myself constantly being nagged and installing older software again and again until it's updated correctly sometimes.), but the quality it provides is pretty outstanding. Though with various applications there are still traces left behind, but many programs are very different and some files just aren't linked properly to said applications, so it's no fault of IObit that their uninstaller is unable to find them. Sometimes it's just bad program code. Can't win em all! lol

Last but not least, IObit Advanced System Care. I will say ASC is a bit overkill in my opinion, but all the features it provides just in the free version alone, it's incredible. My favorite feature it the widget that sits on the desktop where you can monitor CPU and RAM usage, internal system temperature and even flush the RAM cache at a click of a button. I just wish there was a button to 'open' ASC rather than perform a scan every time in their widget. The services it provides are all top notch and come in very handy at times. I wish they would all come standard with the application and I wouldn't have to download them one by one when I need to use them, but still ASC is one great program with a host of tools essential to everyday and even more technical computing.

All in all, I stand by IObit's products and for now will continue to use them by default in keeping my PC running smoothly and efficiently. The amount of memory that Malware Fighter and Advanced System Care uses in the background sort of turns me off though seeing as my computer is around 7 years old and that memory could be used to run other applications. That said, I also wish their programs wouldn't automatically update themselves. My computer would be much better off running IObit ASC 7 rather than v8 or v9, but I install it and it updates itself to the most recent version unless I block it via firewall.

I don't necessarily like how pushy they are in trying to get people to download their other products, but they have made it easier (though not 'less nagging') to install only the products of theirs that you want on your system. In my opinion, a few clicks of a check box and careful installation/viewing of popups from within the application is a small price to pay for all the services their free apps provide.

Tvoj_neko

Advanced PC user
Iobit Advaned System Care, Iobit Malware Fighter, Iobit Uninstaler, Iobit Driver Booster - if you periodical check the web-sites with Giveaways or similar, you can get the Professional Versions of this great softwares for free. My recomendation for Iobit.

gdant

Basic PC user
Iobit was found guilty of using malwarebytes anti-malware signatures in its security products.. Not good reputation

Softo

Basic PC user
used to have malware on my pc and the only software that really helped was not iobit but malwarebytes

Joanna

Advanced PC user
I don't like IObit software's, especially Advanced System Care Free or Pro because I don't trust them. :( To much errors detects, sometimes without location and description. :(