Advertisement

I forgot my Windows 10 admin password, how to reset?

Dauapick

Basic PC user
Help!! i accidentally misplaced my newly set log in password for windows 10. I didn't put any hints, and I really don't don't know what to do. Is there any solution to this problem?? If not, how can I reset my computer? Please help me. thanks!

Advertisement

Dauapick

Basic PC user
Help!! i accidentally misplaced my newly set log in password for windows 10. I didn't put any hints, and I really don't don't know what to do. Is there any solution to this problem?? If not, how can I reset my computer? Please help me. thanks!
Anybody help?

Clairepitch

Learning to use PC
You can reset password on Windows 7 with the software, such as the iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery 6.0 or the Ophcrack. Both of them are good tool. Also the Windows 10 password rest is good.

If you don't have a disc, you can use a usb flash drive to burn a disc with the above software.
or see this tutorial to reset windows 10

Last edited:

X00btine

Basic PC user
If it is a local account, then you can use UUkeys windows password recovery to reset forgotten windows 10 password. It will help you make a usb reset disk, then you can use the disk to reset any user account on that locked computer. For domain account, you can ask the admin to reset the password.

Last edited:

Dauapick

Basic PC user
If it is a local account, then you can use UUkeys windows password recovery. It will help you make a usb reset disk, then you can use the disk to reset any user account on that locked computer. For domain account, you can ask the admin to reset the password.
thanks, where to download UUkeys windows password recovery? and how to use?

Kalju

Software guru
Follow this tutorial and I think, it helps. Itself haven't tested. Haven't never forgot yet.
Code:
http://winaero.com/blog/reset-windows-10-password-without-using-third-party-tools/
PS One more question. Didn't you used a Microsoft account? If used, then You can simply change Microsoft account password and then You can log in with new Microsoft account password.

Last edited:

Gray90

Basic PC user
The recovery methods vary depend on your account type. If it's Microsoft account, use another device to visit Microosft's website and you can reset it online. Regards to a local account, there are many Windows password tools can help you reset Windows 10 password from a boot media, for example, PCUnlocker, Ophcrack, Hiren's BootCD, etc.

If there is no important files stored on hard drive, performing a factory reset will also be a good option.

Kalju

Software guru
The recovery methods vary depend on your account type. If it's Microsoft account, use another device to visit Microosft's website and you can reset it online. Regards to a local account, there are many Windows password tools can help you reset Windows 10 password from a boot media, for example, PCUnlocker, Ophcrack, Hiren's BootCD, etc.

If there is no important files stored on hard drive, performing a factory reset will also be a good option.
You can be absolutely calm - they will not help.
If you have not been able to get remember it or log in, better use some DVD or USB, run Windows and copy your files elsewhere and do new installation.
In future recommend to use the Microsoft account and do not have these problems anymore.

hamster1453

Basic PC user
Your Windows 10 user account is almost certainly connected to your online Microsoft.com account. This makes replacing a forgotten password easier—and arguably more secure.

On another computer, go to Microsoft’sSign in page. Once there, enter your email address and click Can’t access your account.

Then follow the wizard. You’ll have to prove that you really are you, based on answers and phone numbers that you’ve previously provided. Eventually, you’ll be asked to create a new password.

That technique won’t work if you took the pains to create a local account. In that case, use the Windows 7 instructions above, with these exceptions:

• Boot from a Windows 10 Recovery Drive and use that to get to the command line.

Hamlserty

Basic PC user
As for you forgotten Windows password , it doesn't matter you forgotten the local or admin password , you can reset Windows 10 password with the recoverywindowspassword software ,merely , it is a paid software for Windows system

Last edited:

gizsmartcom

Learning to use PC
Windows 7 Chrome 69.0.3497.100
There are many ways to crack Windows 10 password on Google , like the Windows Password Key, Windows Recovery, which is bestter ? personally, i use the first software ,even if it is the best Windows password recovcory tool , and it has helped me to restore lost Password

TunesBro

Learning to use PC
OS X Chrome 69.0.3497.100
TunesBro WinGeeker is able to reset the password of Windows 10 local account quickly. Once the password is reset, there is no password prompt after login. Other possible means can also be found from its official website.

Kalju

Software guru
Windows 10 Chrome 77.0.3837.0
@Dauapick
Give some feedback. What has happened in the meantime? What have you done? Is the problem resolved?
Or are you dead?
It seems, this person to be dead, anyway, there is no such member. But you all still keep teaching! The dead no longer learn anything.