Advertisement

How to turn off Automatic updates...

Advertisement

Dzi

Administrator
Staff member
Step 1: Launch the Windows 10 Settings application (Windows key + I).

Step 2: Now click Network & Internet.

Step 3: Click Advanced options which appears below the list of Wi-Fi networks so you may have to scroll down a bit.

Step 4: Toggle the Set as metered connection switch to On. It is important to understand that this option will only affect the network you’re currently connected to, and that Windows will remember the setting.

Kalju

Software guru
Step 1: Launch the Windows 10 Settings application (Windows key + I).

Step 2: Now click Network & Internet.

Step 3: Click Advanced options which appears below the list of Wi-Fi networks so you may have to scroll down a bit.

Step 4: Toggle the Set as metered connection switch to On. It is important to understand that this option will only affect the network you’re currently connected to, and that Windows will remember the setting.
Very bad idea.

MiniTool

Basic PC user
Windows 7 Firefox 68.0
Press Win+ R to invoke the run box < Input services.msc and press OK< Find Windows Update and double-click on it< Drop down the Startup type box and choose Disabled< Then press Stop, Apply and OK orderly.
Of course, there are some ways to disable turn off Automatic updates, check the google search box to type"How to Stop Windows 10 Update Permanently? Full 7 Solutions". and choose MiniTool solutions. Hope that helps.

Kalju

Software guru
Windows 10 Chrome 75.0.3770.100
Press Win+ R to invoke the run box < Input services.msc and press OK< Find Windows Update and double-click on it< Drop down the Startup type box and choose Disabled< Then press Stop, Apply and OK orderly.
Of course, there are some ways to disable turn off Automatic updates, check the google search box to type"How to Stop Windows 10 Update Permanently? Full 7 Solutions". and choose MiniTool solutions. Hope that helps.
I'm so surprised to see why somebody have to use such a strange methods if you can go to the settings panel and there do it with one button move.