Advertisement

How to remove "Activate Windows" WaterMark?

walkerpu

Basic PC user
Windows 10 Chrome 71.0.3578.98
Hi,

I am using Windows 10 and I wanted to know how can I remove the Activate Windows watermark from my screen?

I have a licensed Windows 10 and the license is a digital license which doesn't require any serial key and it is registered to the Microsoft account.

In the past, when I reinstall Windows 10, it asks for the Microsoft account during installation and gets my windows registered every time.

But this time it didn't ask for the Microsoft account and now I don't know how to register the Windows using my digital license and how to remove the watermark.

P.S: This time I have installed windows on a new machine as the old machine which I was using before having some graphics card issues and I remove the hard drive and put it into this machine.

Advertisement

walkerpu

Basic PC user
Let me know if this post help read instruction carefully.

Method 1: Activate Windows 10 Using a Batch File
CONTENT REMOVED
Is it some type of "crack"?? Or is it the official way to activate? I want the official activation, as I have the digital license of Windows 10.

Dzi

Administrator
Staff member
This is not official way to activate Windows so I removed content.

To check activation status in Windows 10, select the Start button, and then select Settings > Update & Security > Activation .

walkerpu

Basic PC user
This is not official way to activate Windows so I removed content.

To check activation status in Windows 10, select the Start button, and then select Settings > Update & Security > Activation .
I am not able to activate the Windows from here... Should I contact the Microsoft for this?

Dzi

Administrator
Staff member
You should have option to add or update your windows key. Did you entered it?

walkerpu

Basic PC user
You should have option to add or update your windows key. Did you entered it?
I have a digital license which is associated with my Microsoft account. A digital license doesn't have a "Key" or "Serial Number".

Dzi

Administrator
Staff member
Read this:

Associate your Windows 10 license with your Microsoft account
In Windows 10 (Version 1607 or later), link your Microsoft account to the Windows 10 digital license on your device. Then you can reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter if you make a significant hardware change later.

First, find out if your Microsoft account (What is a Microsoft account?) is linked to your Windows 10 digital license.

Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security > Activation

If your Microsoft account is linked, you’ll see this message on the Activation page:

Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account.

If you don’t see that message, you’re not linked. Instead you’ll have an option to Add an account. Here’s how:

1. Sign in as an administrator to add your Microsoft account. To confirm if you're using an administrator account, select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Your info . Under your name, you’ll see Administrator. If you’re not an administrator, see Create a local user or administrator account.
  2. Confirm that the administrator account is also your Microsoft account by checking to see if an email address is displayed above Administrator. If an email address is displayed, this is a Microsoft account. If not, you’re logged in using a local account. If you don’t yet have a Microsoft account, see How to create a new Microsoft account.
  3. Once you confirm that you’re an administrator and using your Microsoft account, go back to the Activation page, select Add an account, enter your Microsoft account and password, then select Sign in.
After your Microsoft account has been added, on the Activation page you’ll see Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account.

walkerpu

Basic PC user
Before that message, I tried quoting your message and when I click on post reply, it says content can't be submitted as it might be SPAM.