Advertisement

How to download genuine Windows 7 ISOs

ahmadkhaje

Software guru
Well you may think what is the reason for making a new article when we are already aware that we can download
Windows 7/Windows Vista ISO directly from their links at Digital River which is the official software distributor of Microsoft Products.

The reason for this is, Microsoft has now disabled all those downloads at DigitialRiver and has created a new software recovery portal for downloading genuine ISO for Windows 7.

There are a few caveats though:-
1. Only Windows 7 ISO can be downloaded.
2. Only Retail or upgrade copies can be downloaded [sorry OEM users]
3. You need to input your license key which will be checked before you are allowed to download.

So well no more downloading official copies and pirating. The only thing I dont agree with is preventing OEM users from downloading a copy as most manufactures do not provide recovery media.

To download your copy simply head over to this page:-
Microsoft Software Recovery

This ISO size will range from 2.5-3GB in size, so make sure you have a good internet connection and use a download manager so you can resume your download if it fails due to a power failure of flakey internet connection.

For Windows 8.1 users we can use the Microsoft ISO download tool, which accepts OEM licenses as well.

Advertisement

PokercheckerNr1

Software guru
I think if someone had buy it in the shop he need no Iso. The only good thing is it, if you have a pc where Windows 7 was installed
and you have damaged your Original if you stamp with your feet on the CD or sit on the CD at home and then its damaged and a good idea. Or if you have become from Computerdeveloper a restorecd with a lot of crapware on it to make a clean Windows on pc. :ROFLMAO:

ahmadkhaje

Software guru
I think if someone had buy it in the shop he need no Iso. The only good thing is it, if you have a pc where Windows 7 was installed
and you have damaged your Original if you stamp with your feet on the CD or sit on the CD at home and then its damaged and a good idea. Or if you have become from Computerdeveloper a restorecd with a lot of crapware on it to make a clean Windows on pc. :ROFLMAO:
Well, Microsoft is not out to give away much for free. However, not to allow OEM Users to download the Win 7 ISOs is beyond ridiculous, as they have as much a genuine License as other users. They can check the License and see if it is fake or not, so I don't understand their reasoning behind that.