Advertisement

How to convert HEIC images to JPG format With Joyoshare HEIC Converter

dreal2017

Learning to use PC
Windows 10 Chrome 62.0.3202.62
What’s HEIC(HEIF) format?
Since iOS 11 was released, Apple announced they had replaced the old jpg images to HEIC format in this new iOS to save much storage space in iPhone. As we all know, HEIF stands for High Efficiency Image Format, and, as the name suggests, is a more streamlined way to store image files. So HEIC format is introduced by Apple for the new HEIF standard. By using this file format, you will get more storage space in your iPhone and still retain the high quality images. That’s why Apple chose it as the alternative for JPEG format.
However, it also brings shortages while you are trying to put the images on other devices, because HEIC format is not compatible with most portable devices currently. How to deal with this issue?
Convert HEIC images to JPG format
Is it possible to change this new introduced HEIC format to traditional JPG? The answer is ‘Yes’. Some software company responded quickly to this new image format and developed application named HEIC converter, like Joyoshare.
Joyoshare HEIC converter is the first one I have tried to convert HEIC to JPG format. As a perfect HEIC to JPG converter, Joyoshare HEIC Converter can not only convert HEIC images to JPG, the most popular format, but also support more output formats, including PNG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, and WEBP. Without damaging high quality, you can use it to finish conversion process within a few seconds, which can support convert one file at a time or convert files or folders in batch.
Step 1. Sync iOS 11 HEIC images to your computer
Guarantee that all iOS 11 HEIC images you need to convert are synced and saved from iPhone/iPod/iPad to your computer firstly so that you can add files to Joyoshare HEIC Converter.
Step 2. Add HEIC images to Joyoshare HEIC Converter
Upon launch Joyoshare HEIC Converter, you can import HEIC images to it through the following two approaches: drag HEIC image(s) or folder(s) directly to main interface or click "+" button at the bottom left corner. It depends on you that convert only one image or multiple images at a time.

Step 3. Customize output images
When HEIC images are listed in Joyoshare HEIC Converter, you can click the frame near to "Format" at the bottom to setup output format, adjust image(s)' resolution and quality. In addition, you will see the following three options: Output all images; Keep aspect ratio; Keep Exif information.

Note:
Output all images: Considering HEIC is a special format that can include a sequence of Apple's live photos as well as animation with plenty of images. If you tick this one, you can find all images in your destination files. Otherwise, only main image can be converted.
Keep aspect ratio: When the resolution adjusted is not same as the original image, the converted one will be different in aspect ratio and the output image can even become blurred. To maintain original aspect ratio, you need to tick this option and then you will see the output one with Gaussian blur.
Keep Exif information: The output files will show Exif data for a photo made with a typical digital camera. Exif information includes Manufacturer, Model, Orientation (rotation), Date and time, Exposure bias, FlashPix version and so on. Only when you choose JPG as your output format can you see this option.

Step 4. Start to convert HEIC to JPG or other formats
When you have setup and revise all information, you can start the conversion process by click conversion button at the bottom right corner.
As the above steps showing, it’s easy to convert Apple HEIC images to JPG or other common use image formats with this great software. There are also other alternatives on the market. I think they will be fine too. Anyway, I will keep using Joyoshare HEIC Converter to save all my HEIC pictures to my local hard drive.

Advertisement