How do you copy right your Software?

belinda

Basic PC user
Hallo guys. I am still quite new here, and would love to get your opinions on how i can copyright my software. If anybody has an idea. It would be great!. Thanks

Kalju

Software guru
Hallo guys. I am still quite new here, and would love to get your opinions on how i can copyright my software. If anybody has an idea. It would be great!. Thanks
Very interesting! You are a software manufacturer, and do not know how to use the "Copyright"?
Who in this case at all trusts these products and wants to buy them?
Is Your's software somewhere available for testing? What it is at all?

belinda

Basic PC user
Very interesting! You are a software manufacturer, and do not know how to use the "Copyright"?
Who in this case at all trusts these products and wants to buy them?
Is Your's software somewhere available for testing? What it is at all?
I was asking for help not criticism. And i eventually did get help from Circular61, but i generally was asking for more input into this topic.

Dzi

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Belinda,

can you tell me about what type of software are you developing and in which technology? Answer to the question can be very different is it is web, mobile or desktop application.

JohnC

Basic PC user
Hi Belinda,

Sorry that you got criticism instead of help, this is actually a very valid question and it is a complicated subject that requires a lot of research. I read an article recently on copyrighting software that breaks down some of the basics, like how to register for a copyright and what each copyright protects. I found it to be easy to understand and think it is a really helpful place to start at least.

Good luck!

Last edited: