Advertisement

Giveaway- choose a random winner

Dzi

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

because in giveaway we need system that will choose a random winner I created need one which we will use;
Choose a random winner

You can test it to verify that it works "random". If someone has some suggestion you can post it here

Advertisement

PokercheckerNr1

Software guru
If you do it by GTA V i find it not fair. In the rules stand the winner with the best post will honored here. I want also this game and get in the contest, you get a lot of additional playmoey include and its a high priced game. If you choose by GTA V a random winner, had the best posts no chance and it win a guy which do not much here in the forum and thats not fair against other which do a lot in this forum. I find it fair if you use your random picker after the GTA V.

Dzi

Administrator
Staff member
Rules in most game giveaways are:
"To apply for getting the GTA V serial key you must create 4 quality posts on Download.hr forum. After you create 4 posts visit the giveaway page and click on "Enter the giveaway contest" to apply to the contest.

After the giveaway ends we will choose 1 random "winner" by reviewing his posts. Please note that we will review your posts and we won't count posts like "Thank you", "Nice giveaway" and other similar posts. Please be fair and make your contribution to our community so we can arrange new great giveaway in future."

This means that we will remove all users with low post quality from list and after that choose 1 random winner from list of people with good posts.
If we would make manually decision than some users would get all giveaways which isn't fair.

PokercheckerNr1

Software guru
Hi Dzi,
I explain you why its not an good idea with your random picker.
If here one person open in each gamecontest 10 fake-accounts and do in each of his fake-accounts
4 good posts or threads he can do that, such persons are clever enough.
If you choose a randomwinner here, then the Guy with his 10 fake accounts
had a 50 % better chance every week and we with only one account had only a 3 % chance to win.
And then always one person with much fakeaccounts win here always a game
and older members with only one account had no chance to win if the fake accounts all made 4 good posts here.
A good way is to sort this members out which had 2 or 4 not so good coments since his membership and then
they never where online again here. And choose in one game one of the new members with good post as a winner
and then in the next contest an older member as an winner. So had one people with much new fakeaccounts here not a big chance
to win every week a game and people with only one account had a fair chance as well to win someting here.

Peter the big one

Advanced PC user
Rules in most game giveaways are:
"To apply for getting the GTA V serial key you must create 4 quality posts on Download.hr forum. After you create 4 posts visit the giveaway page and click on "Enter the giveaway contest" to apply to the contest.

After the giveaway ends we will choose 1 random "winner" by reviewing his posts. Please note that we will review your posts and we won't count posts like "Thank you", "Nice giveaway" and other similar posts. Please be fair and make your contribution to our community so we can arrange new great giveaway in future."

This means that we will remove all users with low post quality from list and after that choose 1 random winner from list of people with good posts.
If we would make manually decision than some users would get all giveaways which isn't fair.
1) Each one in the contest had the same chance to do the 4 best quality posts or threads if the
new contest open.
2) I agree with Pokercheckers opinion that random is not ok if a person with a lot of
"pseudoacounts" begin here to post 4 good threads in each of his massaccounts.
3) Some people with weak comments, and they are a long time ago or only on her membership
in the forum and then never again, should be checked and sorted out.

Not always the same persons had win here in the past it give a lot of different winner.

here the last four wincontests
Tortelasen00-(new winner Alex_Serov) "Eurotruck"
ahmadkahje-(new winner Acro29) "Battlefield"
Biro Bitterio "Stronghold 3 Gold"
mainak00 "Grand Theft Auto San Andreas"

The humanity of tortelasen00 i can not believe at all. You see it what 2 dump comments he post in the GTA V thread only that he win the big game. He do so as his comments are the best here and by the way he grap up some giveaways in the hole day that he had a better chance to win this show me his character and his big humanity. I watched it on several different win-contests that people if they win a price before the big price, they give her present to some one else, that they next time will be preferred in the bigger win-contests. He try it, to push up his winchance with some giveaways here. Thats why he make a big show here but he had last time his chance to win and he had not used it i think the Eurotruck Game was for him too cheap. Good he had post some giveaways here but that do other people as well day by day and much more than he do here. If tortelasen need no game, i ask me why he go also in the Grand Theft 5 contest. I am shure we will see this person never again in this forum after the win-contests or if he read my coment a view days after the contests.

I am not shure if your random-checker not pick them out after alphabeth. First time winners he picked out in random with the first A (Acro29) in the alphabeth and the next with the last T (Tortelasen00) in the alphabeth and then the next time again the first A (Alex_Serov) in the alphabeth. But if its very clear that one user had miles better quality posts than other here its not nessesary to preferred the others with not so good threads through your randomsoftware. If they had the same good quality posts then its ok but not if someone is miles better than the other person.

Its very hard to sort out "Pseudoaccounts" with pseudoaccounts i mean if one person open more than one account here day by day, and post in all his accounts only 4 or 11 weak posts to existing threads). They are very clever people, they post nothing new and let their weak comments in (I mean with weak comments for exaple also what media player i use or what for an antivirus that i use not only thank you coments). But they log in and log out each day since my last analytic, that the onlinestatus will be hold from them on the actual status. They bring nothing special in the comunity but want with a minimum of effort here and a lot of pseudoaccounts the big games and thats realy not correct against persons with only one existing account.