Advertisement

Domena, CNAME i to...

Crazy-Boy

Software guru
Evo ovako... sadasnji host, na kojem je forum je dosta spor, pa sam odlucio uzeti forumotionov forum.
Svoju domenu vec imam, forumi na forumotion-u pruzaju mogucnost stavljanja svoje domene, imaju uputstva, ali nista nekuzim :(.
Evo sto pise:

Code:
Configuration of an external domain name.

When you choose the sub-domain which you wish to use on your forum (forum.my_domain, for example, is a sub-domain of my_domain), you have to create the corresponding CNAME entrance in the DNS administrator of your domain: a CNAME entrance allows to point an url towards the other one in a transparent way. in this way, you can link forum.my_domain to adress.my_forum.

Any recorder of domains names possesses different interfaces, and thus different methods to create such CNAME.
    However, in a general way, the process takes place as follows:

* Connect to your user account on the site of your domain name provider, and go to the DNS management.
        * Check that the chosen sub-domain is not already used.
        * In the generally entitled field "source", "origin", or "alias" enter the prefix of sub-domain (i.e. "Forum" if you want to use the sub-domain forum.my_domain).
        * In the generally entitled field "destination" or " target host ", enter the original url of your forum, adress.my_forum.
        * You will maybe have to inform the TTL (Time To Live): give the maximal possible value.

After validation, you should obtain a line of this type:
    CNAME
    Hôte	Direct towards
    forum.my_domain	adress.my_forum
----------------------------------------------------
Moze kakva pomoc? A domena je kupljena na infoit.hr (uskoro infonet).

Advertisement