• 32 bit

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • 64 bit

Votes: 54 87.1%

• Total voters
Advertisement

Joanna

Advanced PC user
On my newest computer I use OS 64-bit (Windows 7) , and on my Mom's laptop. On my older PC I have 32-bit OS, I don't use it because there is Windows XP.

Tinmin

PC user
I am using 32 bit OS. Can any body clarify, can current 32 bit applications be run on 64 bit OS, or will I need 64 bit versions.

Kalju

Software guru
I am using 32 bit OS. Can any body clarify, can current 32 bit applications be run on 64 bit OS, or will I need 64 bit versions.
The majority of the programs and applications works, but there are some, which has two versions and they will need to upgrade. However, the majority of the 32-bit programs are running enough well and not needed specially to upgrade, but You can do it.
Only, if you do not feel any lack of 64-bit system, you do not need to change. You do not win anything!
Moreover yet - all 64-bit web browsers works till today visibly slower than the 32-bit versions.
Personally I'm using 64-bit system after the Windows 8.1 arrival.

Tinmin

PC user
The majority of the programs and applications works, but there are some, which has two versions and they will need to upgrade. However, the majority of the 32-bit programs are running enough well and not needed specially to upgrade, but You can do it.
Only, if you do not feel any lack of 64-bit system, you do not need to change. You do not win anything!
Moreover yet - all 64-bit web browsers works till today visibly slower than the 32-bit versions.
Personally I'm using 64-bit system after the Windows 8.1 arrival.
Thanks, its very useful information.

rno2

PC user
I used 32 bit until I switched from windows xp. But with windows 7 and 8 and now testing windows 10, they are all 64 but. For the most part, I have not had any problems running 32 bit on 64 bit systems.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Windows Giveaways 2
Internet 0