Advertisement

Are 4k monitors the endgame display option for PC gamers?

LawsonGage

New user
OS X Chrome 79.0.3945.88
I'm not factoring in other gaming tech like VR headsets or any tech that places you inside the game world like in ready player one/SAO in this post.
In the future we will get 8k TVs and probably 16k TVs. However TVs are generally viewed much farther apart than PC Monitors. With people viewing monitors closer, I remember there was a lot of discussion on whether people could really see the difference in 1080p and 4k displays(resolution wise, let's not factor in features that come with a alot of 4k monitors like good hdr).
With 8k/16k monitors do you think that people would really see the difference up close to them compared to 4k monitors? Or Will 4k monitors be the standard for PC gaming for decades?

Advertisement

Dzi

Administrator
Staff member
Windows 10 Chrome 79.0.3945.88
There should be difference in picture quality so I would say that x years from now 8k+ monitors would be a new standard. It depends on how quick their price will drop

LawsonGage

New user
OS X Chrome 79.0.3945.88
There should be difference in picture quality so I would say that x years from now 8k+ monitors would be a new standard. It depends on how quick their price will drop

thankyou so much!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Windows 8 0