Windows 8 is listed in OS Enhancements category and made available by Microsoft for Windows 8 32-bit / Windows 8 64-bit. Unfortunately, we have not yet reviewed Windows 8. If you would like to submit a review of this software, we encourage you to submit us something!
The next generation of Windows, a re-imagining of the operating system from the chip to the experience
This is a detailed preview of the next major release of Windows, code-named "Windows 8". From the chipset to the user experience, Windows 8 brings a new range of capabilities without compromise.
Windows 8 is designed to be the first Windows client to support systems on a chip (SoC) architectures, including ARM, and since it will be pre-installed on a range of next generation devices, it will also feature Metro, a NUI + GUI interface on the surface combined with a new application platform under-the-hood designed to enable the creation of immersive experiences.
The latest iteration of Microsoft's operating system brings an innovative new platform and tools to developers. Windows 8 apps can use a broad set of new libraries and controls, designed for fluid interaction and seamless connectivity. Apps can add new capabilities to Windows and to other apps, connecting with one another through the new interface.
Windows Developer Preview with developer tools contains:
· 64-bit Windows Developer Preview
· Windows SDK for Metro style apps
· Microsoft Visual Studio 11 Express for Windows Developer Preview
· Microsoft Expression Blend 5 Developer Preview
· 28 Metro style apps including the BUILD Conference app
· Upgrade from Windows 7 installation is not supported for pre-release code; only clean installs are supported.
· You can't uninstall the Windows Developer Preview. To reinstall your previous operating system, you must have restore or installation media.
· The Windows Developer Preview is a pre-beta version of Windows 8 for developers. These downloads include prerelease software that may change without notice. The software is provided as is, and you bear the risk of using it. It may not be stable, operate correctly or work the way the final version of the software will. It should not be used in a production environment. The features and functionality in the prerelease software may not appear in the final version. Some product features and functionality may require advanced or additional hardware, or installation of other software.
You need to use these free and legal product keys:
English - TK8TP-9JN6P-7X7WW-RFFTV-B7QPF
Chinese (Simplified) - TK8TP-9JN6P-7X7WW-RFFTV-B7QPF
German - TK8TP-9JN6P-7X7WW-RFFTV-B7QPF
Japanese - TK8TP-9JN6P-7X7WW-RFFTV-B7QPF
Windows 8 Release Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows 7:
Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multitouch.
To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768.
To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768.
Internet access (ISP fees might apply)