@SwIt Printfil is listed in Printing Tools category and made available by aSwIt Srl: Mail, Print for DOS, Windows for Windows XP/Vista/7. Unfortunately, we have not yet reviewed @SwIt Printfil. If you would like to submit a review of this software, we encourage you to submit us something!
Print from DOS-Windows-Unix-Linux to Windows printers: USB, GDI, PDF, e-mail, network, fax, virtual. Capture from LPT1: to LPT9: and redirect the jobs, even to a printer physically connected to the ca
Printfil allows printing from DOS, Unix, Linux, host programs to any Windows printer, including USB, GDI, network printers, fax printers and PDF writers, without changes to the original applications.
You can set your application to print to an ascii file, or you can let Printfil capturing one or more parallel ports (PRN: , LPT1: to LPT9:), automatically redirecting your print jobs to any printer, even to a printer which is physically connected to the captured port or if no LPT ports are physically installed on your PC.
it allows also:
- preview printing
- include logos or other images stored in separate files
- colorize the text
- print A4 landscape sheets in place of printing on dot-matrix 136-column printers
- print to ANY printer installed on the Windows Control Panel, including USB, GDI, Windows-only and Virtual printers
- send print jobs via fax (using any third-party fax software which acts like a printer - eg. Microsoft Fax - or a multifunction - all-in-one - printer)
- use specialist windows fonts (barcodes, for instance) as well as normal characters
- export print jobs in PDF format, with or without user intervention, even with encryption and password protection
- send print jobs via e-mail by using your own e-mail client program or an SMTP server, with or without user intervention
- use a single, customizable set of escape sequences for ALL printers, regardless of make, model and emulation provided (if any, as for GDI printers)
- print complex jobs to legacy printers in RAW mode (graphs, drawings)
- archive a copy of all the captured jobs
- use multiple printers simultaneously
All this without changes to your applications
If you are developing host based applications (like Unix) to run on a Windows Terminal Emulator, you can stop battling with transparent-print characters and different settings for different printers. All you need is a shared file system (NFS, SCO-VisionFS, Samba, ...) or a Terminal Emulator, and PRINTFIL
Download and install @SwIt Printfil
safely and without concerns.