What is Mixxx software from Tue Haste Andersen, what is it used for and how to use it?
A free, open-source application designed for DJ'ing for both professional and semi-professional users
Mixxx is designed for DJ'ing for both professional and semi-professional users. Mixxx was started in early 2001 as one of the first digital DJ systems. Today Mixxx includes many features common to digital DJ solutions, but also some very unique features: It is free, and runs on all major desktop operating systems.
Futhermore Mixxx has a number of key features to help the DJ in the live mix: Beat estimation, parallel visual displays, and support for many DJ input controllers. Mixxx reads most popular sound formats,including OGG Vorbis, MP3, AIFF and WAV. For communication Mixxx supports MIDI and standard input devices such as Joysticks and mice.
Here are some key features of "Mixxx":
· Mixxx estimates the BPM of each song to help you beat match.
Pitch independent time stretch:
· Adjust the tempo of your tracks without changing their pitch.
· Control Mixxx with your favorite MIDI devices and hardware like the Griffin Powermate.
Waveform summary displays:
· Visually see the dynamics of a track, just like with vinyl.
· Mixxx was designed by DJs, for DJs, and is distributed freely under the GPL.